Being gluten-Free in Santa Fe is almost too easy. I have found so much I can eat that I have found myself gaining a few pounds. This means I’ve been eating out a lot because I have so many choices! I won’t worry about the weight until I return from my year-long adventure. Santa Fe has incredible restaurants and all the ones I have found cater to gluten-free customers.
Santa Fe is a rather small community but the amount of gluten free restaurants is astounding. I found everything from a neighborhood dive to 5 Star dining experience and everything in between. Santa Fe prides itself on art and great food is definitely a form of art.
Gluten Free in Santa Fe
- Apothecary Restaurant in Santa Fe Plaza has been my absolute favorite gluten free restaurant in Santa Fe. My boyfriend and I happened upon this place when we were out one afternoon and saw it was gluten-free AND dog friendly!
We decided to go back for dinner that same night. When we sat down at our table, we received an envelope of menu cards, like tarot cards. Initially I was a bit intimidated. The owner, Kadimah, told us to see what spoke to us from the menu.
Since the entire menu was gluten-free, I had no restrictions on what I could order. We started with the Artichoke Brulee which was divine! Then we got the rosemary fries and a yucca crust pizza. Everything was so fresh and flavorful, we savored every bite. We shared the salmon and couldn’t finish it so we brought it home for lunch the next day.
The drinks were unlike anything I’ve ever tried. I had a Blueberry Lavender Coconut Kava which was like drinking luxury. It was the best thing I have ever had to drink. Larry had a warm elixir called Elder Toddie. I cannot say enough good things about these drinks! They were remarkable!
- Tune Up Cafe is in the same neighborhood as my Airbnb. It is the proverbial neighborhood restaurant, and the food is interesting and remarkable! There are no frills and the wine is served in a juice glass and the food will wow you! If you go, please try the Mole Colorado. It was such a unique dish with a grilled banana on top!
They have a lot of gluten-free options on their menu, but my favorite part is the gluten-free dessert menu. The Lemon Custard Cake with toasted coconut is fantastic and they have weekly pie specials that are gluten-free as well.
- Radish and Rye is an upscale gluten free restaurant in Santa Fe, located right on Cerrillos Road. They offer farm inspired cuisine that is locally sourced, when possible. They don’t have a gluten free menu but the chef is gluten free so a lot of the menu options are gluten free.
Their drinks are innovative and the bartenders have fun with the patrons. If you are not riding solo as I am, make reservations as they fill up fast!
I sat at the bar and met some lovely locals and enjoyed the brussel sprouts and pulled pork croquettes. Really flavorful dishes and a very local, friendly bar!
3. La Paloma is a delish spot in Guadeloupe. Get their Salsa flight with fresh chips, SO good! And the signature drink is the Paloma which is very refreshing especially since the salsa can get HOT!
Unique Gluten-Free Dining
- Santa Fe School of Cooking is a great place to spend a weekend morning. My mom and I participated in a Southwestern Appetizer class. We learned about the food that was being prepared and a bit of the history of the ingredients. And then we ate a yummy meal with new friends. **You can let the staff know when you book the class about food allergies.
- La Boca is a Tapas restaurant serving unique one serving dishes that are too good not to share! The chef does an amazing job combining Spanish and Mediterranean flavors into incredible tapas.
I am still dreaming about the alcachofas (you just have to try it) and he was able to make bruschetta on gluten free bread which was excellent. Most of the menu can accomodate gluten free. There was a live musician playing the night I was there and that added to the amazing food and atmosphere.
- Sazon is very high end and it’s on Shelby St (my daughter’s name) so I was excited to try it out. A lot of the menu is gluten free and the staff is great about substitutions when requested. The Mole’ is exceptional and the list of tequila is impressive!
“Chef Olea creates sophisticated flavors using Old Mexico’s indigenous and culinary traditions alongside ingredients from around the world”
- Joseph’s – Duck Fat Chips! Joesph’s place is quaint and unassuming and the dining options will wow you. Many of the items on the menu are gluten free, and you can even get gluten free bread!
- Vinaigrette – located on Don Cubero Alley. This small chain offers amazing salads with a unique twist with great add-ons. They don’t have a gluten free menu but the staff is knowledgeable and very accommodating so they can let you know what to avoid with allergies.
- Sweetwater Harvest Kitchen was recommended by my hairstylist who is in the same plaza. She mentioned that it was all gluten free. I was delighted to try this wonderful spot. The atmosphere is like spring and their menu did not disappoint. The Hunter’s Chicken is an incredible choice. It is full of flavor served with sauteed’ kale and potatoes.
I can’t forget to mention that the entire dessert menu is gluten free!
- Counter Culture was also recommended by my hairstylist (I was there for a LONG time!) This gluten free restaurant serves lunch and dinner. They have gluten free bread for all of their sandwiches. Great place to get a cup of coffee, breakfast or lunch.
- Cafe Pasquels is located on the Plaza so it’s a perfect place to stop for lunch while you’re out shopping. Several menu items were gluten free but I had to try the flan, so I made that my lunch!
Best Gluten Free Pizza in Santa Fe
One of the things I miss the most being gluten free is pizza so I was so excited to find this gluten free pizza spot in Santa Fe.
Best Gluten Free Bakery in Santa Fe
First I am super excited to say that Revolution Bakery is black owned! All their items are completely gluten free! Their treats are mouth-watering and I hated that I couldn’t try everything.